Return to Ravenloft Adventure 1: Old Hallow's Eve



"Welcome to little village of Barovia, in the North-Eastern lands at the foothills of the Stone mountains. The village is perpetually seeped in mist and dense fog and always under the shadow of the great castle known as Ravenloft.

Ahh, Ravenloft!

The former home of the villainous Count Strahd von Zarovich, a vampire lord who once terrorized the town and surrounding lands. But Strahd was defeated by the brave adventuring party and his essence cast into the void in eternal torment and damnation. It has now been close to 20 years and the castle is seemingly abandoned and the fear of Ravenloft all but forgotten apart from tales told around campfires and by elders to frighten the younglings from foolish curiosity.

But, even in villages haunted by past terrors, the ever curious remain. And in Barovia, the tales became tradition. And one perculiar tradition takes place on Old Hallows Eve.

Known as the Hallow's Eve Run, many daring young men of the village, vying for the affection of a sweet maiden, climb  the trecherous slopes and brave an attempt to loot run through the once perilous Ravenloft halls in search of some treasure or trinket. The shinier the trinket, the fairer the maiden awaiting. 

Having arrived in Barovia on Hallow's Eve, you decide to attempt your own run of the  castle halls. But you're not here for treasure, maidens and trinkets. Something is stirring in Ravenloft...something evil. And you will not rest until you uncover the truth!" 


Welcome back Adventurers! Ready to return to Ravenloft? As part of my Halloween special, I'm releasing one new custom Ravenloft adventure per week so watch this space and hit the subscribe button!

I have 5 new printable adventures for the Dungeons & Dragons Castle Ravenloft adventure board game and first up is a solo mission.

These missions are purposely more challenging than any of the ones in the Ravenloft adventure booklet as they are intended to be used with any of the new custom hero builds I have up on my blog. Feel free to print and use (but not distribute/ sell/ enchant or summon demons with) any of the content at your discretion. Please note that in cases where I have my own custom/ bough miniatures for villains, I will always try to include an alternative where possible or at the very least, a printable standee or token. For the custom heroes, those can be sources (mostly) from Nolzur's.







 




Comments

  1. Amazing! I wonder what happens next. I´ll try the adventure ASAP.

    I posted a total reversion of the rules in BGG yesterday. Maybe you can take a look at it and tell me if they are useful to you. The major changes i made (most of the rules are from BGG forums) allow you to build larger dungeons and campaigns (road events included), and the heroes can level up to 20. I´m trying to upload an adventure too, wich i used to test the rules and worked fine, but it was a standalon adventure.

    The only negative thing is that the stuff is in spanish (I´m from Argentina). If I find some time i will translate it to english.

    https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/228017/rules-big-campaign

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thanks for your feedback - watch this space as there is a LOT more content coming! I checked out your rules variants on BGG (thank you Google Translate!). I see you combined some of the rules from Descent into your system. I think it's really awesome and the levelling up to Level 20 per Hero is cool. All the custom heroes up on this blog level up to level 4 only.
      Looking forward to the English version for your rules variants!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I used some Descent rules (art included haha) because I dont have much space at my table, and if we play 5-6 people will be a total mess with the cards and the map, so i have to change that (I realize that AFTER I translated all the original hero cards and some of the custom stuff on BGG and your blog).

      I will try to begin tha translation of the rules ASAP. Theres a lot of stuff I haven´t uploaded yet to BGG (spell cards for bards, mages,etc), including a standalone adventure (in 2 parts) I used to test some rules. So stay tuned!I

      Delete
    3. Looking forward it, happy rolling!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your feedback is always welcomed and appreciated. I cannot always guarantee that I will reply but you're more than welcome for tea.

Popular Posts