Comic Con Africa 2022



Comic Con Africa is back in 2022 and has me super excited! Running from the 22 - 25 September at the JHB Expo Center, this four day pop culture and gaming festival will be packed with activities, festivals, e-sports, cosplay, local and international comic book creators, digital artists, tabletop gaming, merchandise, fan clubs, celebrity meet and greets and much, much more!

It has been 3 years since my second Comic Con Africa experience and, if 2019 (and previously 2018) was anything to write home about, is that it is every comic enthusiast dream. Four days of total geek fandom and the JHB Expo center promises an even bigger, more exciting venue.

From cosplay to gaming, comics & art, celebs & guests, anime & manga, table top gaming and loads of exhibitors and even a Kids Con for the younglings, there really is something for everyone at Comic Con. The event is professionally organized and there is a great community spirit driving the Con. Check out the FOCA (Friends of Comic-Con Africa) group on Facebook.

In 2018 I cosplayed as the Iron Spider and 2019 I flipped my costume into a custom-made Spider-punk variant. Heck, I even made CNN!



So, the big question I suppose is: will Spidey be making another appearance this year? Hmm, we'll see - watch this space 😉

If you would like to know more, check out the Comic Con Africa site here and to book your tickets: click here. If you're in Cape Town and plan on visiting the Con this year or if it's your first time and you're just curious drop me a line (@uzairparker on Instagram) and I'll be sure to drop a few tips and maybe even a meetup for what is set to be the greatest geek gathering in Africa 😊.

Comments

Popular Posts